4 easy steps to get started:
2. Examity requires access to third party cookies. Before starting your exam, make sure cookies are allowed.
To allow cookies in Google Chrome:
A. Go to Chrome settings and click on “Privacy and security.”
B. Then, navigate to “Cookies and other site data” and select it.
C. From there, select the circle next to “Allow all cookies.”
D. After, you may need to refresh your browser or close out of Chrome.
E. If you closed out of Chrome, open it again, and then log back into Examity.
3. Uninstall or disable all Chrome extensions, pop-up blockers, and ad blockers, except for the Examity Proctoring extension.
Time Zone Settings:
Make sure your time zone is set to the location you will be testing in. Where you will be testing may be in a different time zone than the time zone of your test institution or organization.
To set your time zone, click “Profile” at the top of your Examity dashboard. If you have the box next to “Automatically Set Time Zone” checked, your time zone will update automatically. If the time is different, set the time zone manually. Then, select the proper region and time zone.
When logging in, you may encounter a 401 error, which could happen if your time and date settings haven’t been updated or refreshed on your computer.
- To fix the error, navigate to your computer’s time and date settings.
- Set it so that both the date and time are set automatically to force a refresh.
- Next, clear your Chrome browser’s cache, and then restart your Chrome browser.
- Log into Examity again.